Gaëlle Filhol is specialized in international commercial arbitrations and in dispute adjudication proceedings. She focuses on complex international construction disputes involving high stakes claims. She also has extensive expertise in the resolution of disputes across a range of industries, including energy (oil & gas, nuclear), infrastructure and heavy industry. She has particular experience of disputes in regions such as Scandinavia and the Middle East, as well as those involving a French party or connection.
Before joining BETTO PERBEN PRADEL FILHOL, Gaëlle Filhol worked for ten years in the Paris office of a major American law firm. She speaks French and English fluently.
Gaëlle Filhol is a Member of the Board of ArbitralWomen and of the International Nuclear Law Association.
Gaëlle Filhol is listed in the specialized rankings:
- Who’s Who Legal 2020: Arbitration Future Leaders – Partners
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: “Gaëlle Filhol is ‘always ready for a good fight’.”
- Who’s Who Legal 2019: Arbitration – Future Leaders
- Décideurs 2019: “Excellent” – Litigation & Arbitration – International Arbitration
- Expert Guides 2019: “Rising Star” – Commercial Arbitration France
- Décideurs 2018:
“Leading” – Africa Desk – Arbitration & International Litigation
“Excellent” – Litigation & Arbitration – International Arbitration – Mediation / Africa Desk – Oil, Gas, Mining, Natural Resources and Energy
- Co-author, “Refonte du droit des investissements en Afrique du Sud: vers l’exclusion d’un droit de recours général à l’arbitrage international?“ (South Africa issues draft bill on investment protection without general recourse to international arbitration for foreign investors), Option Droit & Affaires, 4 December 2013 (with Ch. von Krause)
- Co-author, “Révolutions, guerres civiles, actes de terrorisme: quand et comment invoquer la force majeure?”, Bulletin Européen du Moniteur (BEM), March 2013, p. 10 (with N. Bouchardie)
- Co-author, “International arbitration: French judges confirm that Paris is the leading place“, La Lettre des Juristes d’Affaires, 4 April 2011 (with Ch. von Krause)