Alexandre Reynaud is dual-qualified in New York and Paris. His main area of practice is international commercial arbitration, with a particular focus on the aerospace, defense, hospitality, energy and telecommunication sectors. He has acted as counsel in numerous arbitrations under the rules of the most prominent arbitral institutions. He handles post-arbitration litigation, including annulment and enforcement proceedings before French courts and abroad.
In addition to his arbitration practice, Alexandre Reynaud also acts as counsel, both in France and abroad, in complex litigation cases relating to commercial and corporate disputes as well as white-collar crime.
Alexandre Reynaud has previously practiced in international law firms in Luxembourg, London, and Paris. He was a regional representative for Europe (France) of the Young International Arbitration Group of the LCIA and he is the Chairman of the Fonds de dotation pour la Justice internationale BETTO PERBEN PRADEL FILHOL.
Alexandre Reynaud is listed in the specialized rankings:
- Best Lawyers 2021: Arbitration and Mediation (France) and Litigation (France)
- Who’s Who Legal – Global Guide – Arbitration Future Leaders – Partners 2021
- Décideurs 2021: “Excellent” – Litigation & Arbitration – International Arbitration
- Jeune Afrique: Alexandre Reynaud is named in 2020 top 100 Business Lawyers in Africa
- Expert Guides 2020: “Rising star” – Commercial Arbitration France
- Who’s Who Legal – Arbitration Future Leaders – Non-Partners 2020: “Alexandre Reynaud comes highly recommended, with sources calling him a ‘very good strategic thinker’ with a ‘strong commercial sense’. He is further commended for his ‘analytical and technical skills’.”
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: “Alexandre Reynaud is ‘extremely responsive and diligent in case preparation’.”
- Who’s Who Legal – Arbitration Future Leaders – Non-Partners 2019: “Alexandre Reynaud at Betto Seraglini is ‘a dedicated practitioner who is very well versed on the legal side’, according to sources who note, ‘He works tirelessly for clients and never leaves a stone unturned’.”
- Expert Guides 2019: “Rising star” – Commercial Arbitration France
- Legal 500 EMEA 2018
- Who’s Who Legal – Arbitration Future Leaders – Non-Partners 2018
- Expert Guides 2018: “Rising star” – Commercial Arbitration France
- “The Arbitrator’s Duty to Investigate his or her Law Firm’s Business Ties Before and During the Arbitral Proceedings: Note on 1st Civ., 3 October 2019, Audi Volkswagen Middle East v. Saad Buzwair Automotive“, Cahiers de l’Arbitrage, 2019, n°4, pp. 687-701 (with A. Cottin).
- “L’arrêt Gold Reserve: une mine d’or d’enseignements, note sous Paris, Pôle 1 – Ch. 1, 7 Février 2017” 2017.2 Rev. Arb. 566 (with J. Fouret).
- “Une illustration récente: l’affaire Planor Afrique” in “Procédures Parallèles et décision contradictoires”, Bruylant, 2015 (with H. Meur).
- “Prorogation, estoppel et renonciation: variations sur le délai d’arbitrage en droit de l’arbitrage interne”, note following Civ. 1ère, 22 September 2010 and Paris, 1ère Ch. C., 19 November 2009, Rev. arb., 2011, 152 (with J-G Betto).