Alexandre Reynaud is dually qualified in New York and Paris. His main area of practice is international commercial arbitration, with a particular focus on the aerospace, defense, hospitality, energy and telecommunication sectors. He has acted as counsel in numerous arbitrations under the rules of the most prominent arbitral institutions. He handles post-arbitration litigation, including annulment and enforcement proceedings before French courts and abroad.
In addition to his arbitration practice, Alexandre Reynaud also acts as counsel, both in France and abroad, in complex litigation cases relating to commercial and corporate disputes as well as white-collar crime.
Alexandre Reynaud has previously practiced in international law firms in Luxembourg, London, and Paris. He was a regional representative for Europe (France) of the Young International Arbitration Group of the LCIA and he is the Chairman of the Endowment fund for International justice BETTO PERBEN PRADEL FILHOL.
Alexandre Reynaud is listed in the specialized rankings:
- Who’s Who Legal – Arbitration Future Leaders – Non-Partners 2020: “Alexandre Reynaud comes highly recommended, with sources calling him a ‘very good strategic thinker’ with a ‘strong commercial sense’. He is further commended for his ‘analytical and technical skills’.”
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: “Alexandre Reynaud is ‘extremely responsive and diligent in case preparation’.”
- Who’s Who Legal – Arbitration Future Leaders – Non-Partners 2019: “Alexandre Reynaud at Betto Seraglini is ‘a dedicated practitioner who is very well versed on the legal side’, according to sources who note, ‘He works tirelessly for clients and never leaves a stone unturned’.”
- Expert Guides 2019: “Rising star” – Commercial Arbitration France
- Legal 500 EMEA 2018
- Who’s Who Legal – Arbitration Future Leaders – Non-Partners 2018
- Expert Guides 2018: “Rising star” – Commercial Arbitration France
- “L’arrêt Gold Reserve: une mine d’or d’enseignements, note sous Paris, Pôle 1 – Ch. 1, 7 Février 2017″ 2017.2 Rev. Arb. 566 (with J. Fouret).
- “Une illustration récente: l’affaire Planor Afrique” in “Procédures Parallèles et décision contradictoires”, Bruylant, 2015 (with H. Meur).
- “Exécution des sentences arbitrales commerciales internationales et protection des investissements: le triomphe de la Convention de New York”, Versailles Intl Arb. Bus. Law Review, November 2013 (with E. Nicolet).
- “Prorogation, estoppel et renonciation : variations sur le délai d’arbitrage en droit de l’arbitrage interne”, note following Civ. 1ère, 22 September 2010 and Paris, 1ère Ch. C., 19 November 2009, Rev. arb., 2011, 152 (with J-G Betto).