BETTO PERBEN assists its clients in disputes relating to all manner of corporate issues. The firm’s members act in disputes between shareholders, directors’ liability disputes, post-M&A litigation (liability, sellers’ guarantees), or implementation of shareholders’ agreements.
BETTO PERBEN benefits from a significant experience regarding the application of the Blocking Statute in the management of cross-border litigation. We also conduct investigatory measures to obtain evidence for the introduction of court proceedings.
EXAMPLES OF MATTERS
- Defended the application of the French Blocage Law before American courts for the interests of a French company;
- Defended the interests of an investment fund having engaged the civil liability of an audit firm;
- Defended company in commercial and criminal proceedings brought against a competitor for unfair competition;
- Defended the founder and minority shareholder of an industrial group’s branch in a post-acquisition dispute;
- Assisted a French group, a leader in couponing, facing an anti-competitive action brought by a competitor;
- Defended a former director-shareholder of a family-owned industrial group against an action brought by the purchasers to cancel the sale.