Gaëlle Filhol advises and represents clients in international commercial disputes, in particular in pre-arbitration and arbitration proceedings, negotiations and dispute adjudication. Gaëlle Filhol also trained in mediation with the Paris Arbitration and Mediation Center.
Gaëlle Filhol has significant experience of complex arbitration or dispute adjudication board proceedings in the sectors of energy (especially nuclear and oil & gas), infrastructure and heavy industry. She has an excellent understanding of the specificities of construction projects. She also acts regularly in international disputes relating to aviation/aeronautics, defense and post-M&A transactions, as well as information and high technologies.
Before joining BETTO PERBEN PRADEL FILHOL, Gaëlle Filhol worked for ten years in the Paris office of a major American law firm. She is fluent in English and French.
Gaëlle Filhol is a Member of the Board of ArbitralWomen for the term 2018-2020.
Gaëlle Filhol is listed in the specialized rankings:
- Expert Guides 2020: « Rising star » – Commercial Arbitration France
- Legal 500 EMEA 2020: “Gaëlle Filhol has the rare ability of listening, thinking and debating before coming to a conclusion”
- Who’s Who Legal 2020: Arbitration Future Leaders – Partners
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019: “Gaëlle Filhol is ‘always ready for a good fight’.”
- Who’s Who Legal 2019: Arbitration – Future Leaders
- Décideurs 2019: “Excellent” – Litigation & Arbitration – International Arbitration
- Expert Guides 2019: “Rising Star” – Commercial Arbitration France
- Décideurs 2018:
“Leading” – Africa Desk – Arbitration & International Litigation
“Excellent” – Litigation & Arbitration – International Arbitration – Mediation / Africa Desk – Oil, Gas, Mining, Natural Resources and Energy
- “Avoiding and Resolving Disputes Through Dispute Boards”, ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin, 2018, No. 3
- Co-author, “Refonte du droit des investissements en Afrique du Sud: vers l’exclusion d’un droit de recours général à l’arbitrage international?“ (South Africa issues draft bill on investment protection without general recourse to international arbitration for foreign investors), Option Droit & Affaires, 4 December 2013 (with Ch. von Krause)
- Co-author, “Révolutions, guerres civiles, actes de terrorisme: quand et comment invoquer la force majeure?”, Bulletin Européen du Moniteur (BEM), March 2013, p. 10 (with N. Bouchardie)
- Co-author, “International arbitration: French judges confirm that Paris is the leading place“, La Lettre des Juristes d’Affaires, 4 April 2011 (with Ch. von Krause)