INTERNAL INVESTIGATIONS & COMPLIANCE
BETTO PERBEN regularly conducts internal investigations for French and foreign companies. The firm acts upon request of legal representatives, after an alert has been received, which can be the starting point of criminal and/or administrative prosecutions or have reputational consequences.
The expertise of the team provides companies with neutral and operational responses, to better handle risks. BETTO PERBEN assists companies with the implementation of their compliance program, especially for matters related to corruption prevention, business ethics, corporate social responsibility, and whistleblowers protection.
As the author of many reports, Raphaël Gauvain has a relevant and sharp knowledge of compliance stakes, evolutions to come, and private and public bodies composing the whole ecosystem in charge of such questions.
EXAMPLES OF MATTERS
- Conducted an internal investigation for an international industrial company following a corruption alert;
- Conducted an internal investigation during the buyout of an agribusiness company;
- Conducted internal investigations for a French Tech company after a harassment alert and elaborated recommendations;
- Conducted an internal investigation for an aeronautic company after a private corruption and customer misappropriation alert involving a legal representative;
- Defended a company’s legal representative during an internal investigation carried out after a harassment alert.